COVID-19 December Update
As we approach 2nd December after which we move from national lockdown into tiered restrictions we are working with everyone we support and our teams to understand this and follow Government rules and guidance. Most of our services are in Tier 3 areas so we are working in line with all national and local guidance to support people who may need to continue having limited contact with family and friends, as well as preparing for the Christmas period which will feel very different to other years.
New guidance has been issued to local services reflecting the move to tiered restrictions after 2nd December.
We have reviewed our Business Continuity and wider guidance in line with the relevant recommendations in the policy paper: Adult Social Care: our COVID-19 winter plan 2020 – 21
We continue to maintain COVID secure practices within our services and support individuals to manage personal challenges and keep safe and well and work closely with families and professionals in this regard.
Thank you again to our staff teams who continue to do a fantastic job providing excellent support every day in spite of the challenges people are facing
- We have maintained supply chains to ensure PPE continues to be widely available for all staff appropriate to role and task, in line with government advice
- In the very few cases where anyone we support or a staff member has had a positive COVID 19 test they have been supported to take all appropriate actions in line with national guidance and legislation. (people have had either no outward symptoms or very mild)
- Business Continuity Plans and Risk Assessments continue to be under regular review and updates as advice changes, including relevant recommendations from the policy paper: Adult Social Care: our COVID 19 winter plan 2020-21. The Board continue review these weekly via conference call
- We continue to maintain social distancing practices within services, ensuring that everyone receiving the right support
- Staffing levels required to support clients has been maintained throughout
- Contingencies remain in place for all eventualities to maintain the support we provide
- Supporting clients with required information, including easy read /individually formatted information as required
- We are continuing close liaison with local authorities, regulators and landlords
- We are continuing to support socially distanced contact whilst enabling support to be delivered to meet people’s individual needs
We are always happy to talk to you about what we do and how we may be able to help.Contact ISL
Connect with ISL
Follow us on social media.