Independence Support Ltd are dedicated to providing support services to individuals with a wide range of varying needs. This website has been built with accessibility at the forefront of design and with the functionality to tailor content delivery for ease of use.
For people who struggle to see very well
- The font and default font size have been specifically chosen for ease of reading.
- Users are given the option to select alternative font sizes.
- Eye diseases like Retinitis Pigmentosa, Glaucoma, Retinopathy and cataracts (some of the most common eye disorders) all lead to a significant decrease in contrast sensitivity — that is, the eye's ability to differentiate between similar shades and levels of brightness. For this reason users have the ability to switch to a 'Yellow on black' high contrast version of the site.
- Users also have the option to change the page content to 'Grayscale' to increase ease of reading.
For people with a visual impairment
- Layout of pages has been designed so that content follows a logical order for ease of interpretation by screen readers.
- Alt tags are included across images to describe content where appropriate.
For people who struggle to hear very well
- Subtitles are included across any video content.
For more information or help using our website please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.